- Stop us if you’ve heard this one before but Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski plans to play all season. Some of us at DFFC are pretty conservative and would sell high on Gronk.
- Yes, Jaguars running back Toby Gerhart will get all the carries.
- Don’t expect the Titans to rely on running back Bishop Sankey for all the work. The team could use a formation such as the Chargers did when new coach Ken Whisenhunt was there. This means a feature back (Sankey), change-of-pace (Greene), and a receiving back (McCluster).
- In injury news, don’t expect 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman back until after week eight. Bowman suffered a gruesome knee injury in the NFC Championship game but could be a good buy-low candidate for those teams scared off by his recovery.
- Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel may be on a longer leash than originally thought over rookie Teddy Bridgewater. Cassel is a more-than-capable bridge (no punt intended) but teams typically don’t trade in to the first round for a guy they don’t want playing.
- Expect Browns rookie linebacker Christian Kirksey to win the job and be a three-down back from the start. Kirksey will be playing on a talented roster and should see plenty of opportunities for tackles.