- Geno Smith is heading in to training camp as the starting quarterback for the Jets. How long that will last remains to be seen with Mike Vick right behind him and Rex Ryan’s job on the line. Neither one are ideal dynasty buys – Smith because of his lack of talent and Vick because of his age.
- Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks apparently played through a thumb injury last season that required him to be in a cast for a month this off-season. Despite that, he was still a top-20 IDPer and should stay there now that he’s healthy.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski isn’t sure if he’ll be ready for the season after tearing his ACL in December. The news shouldn’t surprise anyone and further enhances my belief that he’d be a decent sell candidate. You just don’t know what you’re getting or when you get it.
- The Jaguars are expected to make Toby Gerhart a work horse this season. His role is set up a lot like Michael Turner’s in Atlanta where current Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell used to be.
- 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman isn’t expected to be ready for Week 1 and should be considered more likely to be back in the middle of the season. Bowman might be a decent buy-low candidate for a team that’s in win-now mode.