- The Packers are preparing to break out receiver Jarrett Boykin as a replacement to James Jones. He’ll be a hot dynasty commodity heading in to 2014.
- In a small upset, defensive end Jared Allen signed with the Bears. He’s nowhere near the top IDP lineman, as he was a few years ago, but should still be a probably double-digit sack candidate. The Bears also signed Lamarr Houston to draw most of the attention on the line which should free Allen up.
- Rams coach Jeff Fisher expects running back Zac Stacy to get 70% of the carries in St. Louis. That’s welcome news to Stacy dynasty owners and should make Stacy a low-end RB1/high-end RB2 option for a few years.
- Giants coach Tom Coughlin still has to solve his tight end question, leaving Adrien Robinson’s dynasty potential flapping in the wind. Look for New York to draft a tight end at some point.
- Coughlin also added he sees new running back Rashad Jennings as an every-down back. Jennings’ stock will never be higher and might be an asset to trade in dynasty leagues for win-now teams.
- In other workhorse back news, new Bucs coach Lovie Smith confirmed Doug Martin is his man. Martin will be in-line for RB1 running back duties in dynasty leagues this year.