- Seahawks running back Christine Michael is expected to have a bigger role in 2014. Michael was a popular choice in rookie dynasty drafts last year but totaled only 18 carries his rookie year. That should change which will only enhance Michael’s value.
- Free agent receiver Danario Alexander is dealing with major complications from knee surgery. It’s a shame for the 25-year old as he was high on a lot of dynasty lists even heading in to last year. It’s safe to drop Alexander for the time being.
- The NFL suspended free agent tight end Fred Davis indefinitely for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. It’s very possible Davis has reached the end of the line which means it’s safe to drop him from your dynasty rankings.
- Look for the Jets to draft a receiver thanks to their belief that physical freak Stephen Hill can’t contribute in the NFL. Hill’s upside has always vastly outweighed his production.
- 49ers receiver Quinton Patton is expected to be a starter with the team by the time his rookie contract runs out in 2016. With several mock drafts pegging the 49ers to take a receiver, it’s hard to see where Patton would fit in but if you have a taxi squad, Patton is ideal.
- The Steelers are expected to re-sign Jerricho Cotchery but not Emmanuel Sanders, meaning 2013 draft pick Markus Wheaton should step in to a starting role. Wheaton’s rookie season didn’t start off well after suffering an injury but with Sanders likely moving on, 2014 could be a break out year.