- Both quarterbacks went off as Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith went 30 of 46 for 378 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. This game, and season, bought him at least one more year as the Kansas City starter.
- Meanwhile, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck went 29 of 45 for for 443 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions. Admittedly, most of it was in garbage time and against the Chiefs second stringers, but it’s what Luck dynasty owners like to see.
- The real star yesterday was Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton who had 13 catches for 224 yards and two touchdowns. It remains to see what his role will be next year but there’s no denying his talent. He’s a strong dynasty prospect heading in to 2014.
- Meanwhile, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe had his best game all year with eight catches for 150 yards and a touchdown. Don’t be fooled though as Kansas City is still a run-first offense and Bowe will only be a year older next year.
- Kansas City linebacker Justin Houston had a sack in his return from injury. Houston is a big-play linebacker with low tackle numbers but potentially big sack numbers.