- The Bears re-signed Jay Cutler for the next seven seasons. Cutler showed improvement with new coach Marc Trestman so should be a decent QB2 heading in to 2014. The other Bears skill positions should be viable for the foreseeable future.
- Titans running back Chris Johnson now sees what everyone else has – he probably won’t be back in Tennessee in 2014. Monitor where he goes but his days of being a work horse are probably over. Shonn Greene would be the starter in 2014, at the moment.
- Giants running back Andre Brown would like to come back to New York in 2014. He has some upside as the status of David Wilson is still up in the air. Brown isn’t flashy but would be a starting running back and a touchdown hog.
- Steelers rookie linebacker Jarvis Jones is expected to take one of the outside linebacker spots in 2014. Jones came on strong towards the end of the season and had nine tackles and two passes defended in the finale. Draft him as a potential LB2.
- In other linebacker news, Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson was popped again for DUI. It’s his second in the last two months and will likely be released because of them. He can be safely dropped heading in to 2014 and hopefully will get help.
- Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman could be out which would be music to a lot of people’s ears. The offense in 2013 was uneven and never established the run.