It’s Friday. Which means you can do nothing but dynasty cheat sheets tonight. Let’s get it on:
- Tom Brady is feasting. Despite the massive turnover in receivers, Brady is still as locked in as ever. He’ll drop in dynasty league drafts but sure things are hard to come by. Don’t sleep on Brady. Plus, I think they’ll have to carry Brady off the field before he retires.
- Oakland receiver Denarius Moore has been inconsistent in camp so far. Coach Dennis Allen even went as far as to say Oakland doesn’t have that ‘go-to’ guy. Yikes.
- 8th overall pick Tavon Austin has looked excellent in Rams camp. It still remains to be seen exactly how he’ll be used but he’s sure to be involved. Also keep in mind that former Jet OC Brian Schottenheimer is now in St. Louis. The Jets didn’t exactly fling the ball around.
- I take back any concern I had about Zach Ertz. He’s been lining up wide, making some great catches and showing why some teams thought he was the best tight end in the draft. Initially, it wasn’t clear where Ertz would wind up behind incumbent Brent Celek and free agent James Casey but locals are predicting he leads the position in catches.
- Keenan Allen has yet to distinguish himself as a possible replacement at receiver in San Diego. Currently a later round pick, exhibition games will be the real test. Temper your expectations accordingly.
- Rookie receiver Marcus Wheaton is doing all the right things in Pittsburgh camp. He’s going over the middle for catches a la Hines Ward. Combine that with his speed and Wheaton is a great prospect in dynasty leagues. Draft accordingly.
- Ryan Broyles is a go in Detroit despite sitting out practice. A two-time ACL tear victim, Broyles is extremely fragile long-term but his position as the receiver opposite of Calvin Johnson in the most pass-happy offense in the NFL can’t be ignored. He’s worth a flyer and could be a tradeable asset down the road.
- Maquise Goodwin has been better than advertised in his first camp in Buffalo. We looked at Goodwin in-depth. Goodwin didn’t get much action in college at Texas but his 4.27 40-time made people take notice. He’s been working in the slot at out wide and catching absolute bombs. Goodwin is one of our favorite late round flyers for your taxi squad.
- Rookie linebacker Sio Moore is currently the starter in Oakland. He’ll be on the strong-side. Currently at 42 in dynasty linebacker rankings, he can be bumped up.