We roll on with your dynasty fantasy football questions answered. Ryan asks:
I am in a keeper “by round drafted” league and need to keep 2 of the guys listed. I think I have some great options. I’ve got it listed in order of how I am leaning now, but I could justify picking several of these guys. Help!
- Alshon Jeffrey – 10th
- Jimmy Graham – 3rd
- Eddie Lacy – 3rd
- Keenan Allen – undrafted
- Dez Bryant – 2nd
- Andrew Luck – 5th
That’s quite the roster you accumulated and hope you went far last year! As for this year, you have to look at the value you’re getting. First, I would keep Jimmy Graham if it means giving up ‘only’ a third rounder. If you check out his average ADP, Graham is going in the first round in most drafts. Only giving up a third is a value and gives you an elite option at tight end.
The second option is a little trickier. For me, it’s between Alshon Jeffery and a 10th and Keenan Allen, who was undrafted. His 89/1,421/7 line was incredible and should continue in the same offense as last year. Allen had a very good season with 71/1,046/8 but is not in the same offense as Jeffery. Both provide good value with later picks but I give the edge to Jeffery.
Remember to email your dynasty questions to dynastyfantasyfootballcentral(at)gmail(dot)com.
Click here for updated dynasty wide receiver rankings.
- A new entry in the top five with Josh Gordon at #4. Gordon did a lot with little to work with on offense so anything should be an upgrade in 2014.
- You can certainly see a trend in the biggest risers: the Bears Alshon Jeffery is up to 9th from 15th; Steeler Antonio Brown is up to 11th from 14th; Chargers rookie Keenan Allen makes the biggest leap to 15th from 24th; and the Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson to 17th from 21st. All are under the age of 26.
- Drops include the Seahawks Percy Harvin from 9th to 12th primarily because he can’t seem to get on the field; Bucs Vincent Jackson goes from 20th to 26th since Lovie Smith was hired as coach; the enigma Hakeem Nicks drops from 23rd to 29th and could fall further depending on where he signs.
Click here to view the updated dynasty quarterback rankings.
- The top five remains the same with Rodgers, Luck, Brees, Newton, and Stafford. Luck did gain some ground though.
- The Nick Foles rise has finally settled in at #10. I think you could do a lot worse with Foles as your QB1 in dynasty leagues.
- Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers is the other big riser going up to 14th from 17th. Rivers found his touch again and has some exciting new weapons in Keenan Allen and Danny Woodhead. It will be interesting to see how he does with the recent departure of offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.
- Giants quarterback Eli Manning continues his downward slide to 19th from 15th. He will be losing receiver Hakeem Nicks in the off-season and has little-to-no running game for protection.
Be sure to check out the updated dynasty wide receiver rankings here.
- Top five stays the same with Calvin, AJ, Dez, Demaryius, and Julio in order.
- A couple of NFC North receivers make big leaps with Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery moving up to 15th from 22nd. Vikings receiver Cordarrelle Patterson moved up to 21st from 26th. Fellow rookie receiver Keenan Allen also moved up five spots from 29th to 24th.
- Dropping this month is Ravens receiver Torrey Smith drops from 12th to 16th. Bigger drops include Broncos receiver Wes Welker dropping from 23rd to 27th and Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace from 24th to 30th. Welker has been dealing with a concussion this season while Wallace has been toiling away in Miami. The hiring of a new offensive coordinator could help.