Finally, football is back.
- From last night’s game, Lamar Miller looked solid (besides the botched hand off) with two runs of 10 and 11 yards. Miller is rated 13th in the latest running back ranks.
- Detroit running back Reggie Bush has been everything he was supposed to be – catching balls and getting top-line speed very quickly. Reggie is a solid RB2 at his current 20th ranking. But if you built a strong dynasty team around him, he could be a low-end RB1 in PPR leagues.
- Eddie Lacy looked good in Green Bay’s scrimmage. He’s set up for a lot of goal-line work as a RB2 in their high powered offense. Meanwhile, Johnathan Franklin did not impress so temper your expectations.
- Chicago’s Alshon Jeffery has firmly established himself as the #2 in Chicago. If Cutler gets up to 600 pass attempts, he’ll need to throw to someone else besides Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte. Plus, Brandon Marshall isn’t getting any younger at 29.
- Tennessee rookie receiver Justin Hunter had two drops in practice. Hunter is still only a taxi-squad level prospect until he can be reliable.
- Cincy rookie tight end Tyler Eifert made the most of AJ Green sitting out of practice. Eifert needs to be the first rookie tight end off your board and could be a top 10 pick in dynasty leagues.
- On the flip side, Dallas rookie tight end Gavin Escobar has done nothing to stand out. Escobar was entering a good situation with Dallas’ pass-happy offense and learning from one of the best tight ends in history. Use caution.
- Jacksonville rookie receiver Ace Sanders caught a couple of first downs in practice. We looked at Sanders in-dept here.
Happy Monday everybody.