- Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is back as the starter, dashing the hopes of saavy Josh McCown owners. Currently, they’re about equal in dynasty rankings as neither is guaranteed to come back to Chicago. Cutler has the leg up since he’ll surely sign on as a starter somewhere. McCown could as well for a team drafting a young quarterback in need of a tutor.
- The stars are lining up for Da’Rick Rogers as Colts receiver LaVon Brazill isn’t practicing and is in a walking boot. Rogers will have little competition for targets and should be owned in all dynasty leagues if he’s still available.
- Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin still isn’t over his hip issues and it’s fair to wonder if he’ll even be back this season. Seattle has done well without him and they could keep it going while getting Harvin healthy for 2014. He’ll be on plenty of fantasy radars next year.
- Raiders running back Marcel Reece will be relegated to the backup role with Rashad Jennings returns. Reece was re-signed in 2013 but not to be a featured back.
- Packers receiver Randall Cobb has been cleared to run but don’t expect him back this year. The Packers should focus on getting healthy for 2014.