- Bucs quarterback Mike Glennon just couldn’t get anything going last night. Down early, Glennon ended up with 51 pass attempts but only threw for 275 yards for an anemic 5.4 YPA. It’s quickly becoming apparent that the Bucs will be in need of a quarterback in the upcoming draft.
- Fellow Bucs rookie Mike James didn’t fare much better. He only had 10 carries for 39 yards but did see five targets and pulled in four catches. for 25 yards. James did nothing to carve out more playing time when Doug Martin returns.
- Meanwhile, the Panthers continue to run the ball well with Cam Newton, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert each averaging over 4.5 YPC. Tolbert will probably be the one without a chair when Jonathan Stewart returns.
- Bucs linebacker Lavonte David was bright spot on defense with 12 tackles, one sack and two tackles for a loss. David is one of the premier rushing linebackers in the league and would make a fine LB1/2 for many years.
- On the other side of the field, Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly continues his slow, but steady, pace with eight more tackles. Unless he goes on a run he won’t match last years tackle numbers but he’s still got as many interceptions as he did last year already. His stock may never be lower but it’s still higher than most.