With the season a little over a week away, position battles are solidifying.
- With the recent injury to Chiefs tight end Tony Moeaki, Travis Kelce is all-systems go from Week 1. Kelce didn’t show much in pre-season and is even coming off injury but with a lack of talent in this year’s rookie class, he’s one of the more highly rated tight ends to pick.
- Pat White looks like the third-stringer QB in Washington. Depending on how deep your league goes, he might be an option for RG3 dynasty owners as a taxi-squad candidate.
- Roy Helu has sewn up the backup running back spot to Alfred Morris. Already the passing down back, Helu is only 24 and has extreme dynasty potential. Plus, with the always shifting Mike Shanahan, you never know who’s going to be the main man. Get Helu if you can.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey is locked in as the #2 receiver in Indy this year. This puts a damper on T.Y. Hilton’s value but it may be a blessing in disguise. Hilton’s value is sure to drop early on as Indy plans to run more. But don’t sleep on him in your drafts or even in a trade if you can get him for the right price.
- Johnathan Franklin is not ready to contribute to the Green Bay running game this year. We’ve always been skeptical of just how Green Bay planned to use Franklin. He’s currently being overdrafted in dynasty drafts. Stay away.
That’s it for this Tuesday. Go get ’em.