- Stop me if you’ve heard this before but Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski looks like he’ll be healthy enough to start the season. Gronkowski has constantly teased dynasty owners the past few years.
- As if the Darren Sproles crowd didn’t need another blow, it looks like Eagles backup running back Chris Polk might see an uptick in touches. Polk is the backup to own in Philly.
- For you IDPers, new Titan Wesley Woodyard will be one of the starting LB’s in their new 3-4 defense. He’s quietly averaged about 100 tackles per year the last three years and should keep that pace up in the AFC South.
- For those that think Roy Helu is the obvious choice for third down duties in Washington, think again. Chris Thompson could emerge as the more dynamic playmaker in Jay Gruden’s offense and eventually beat out Helu long-term.
With the season a little over a week away, position battles are solidifying.
- With the recent injury to Chiefs tight end Tony Moeaki, Travis Kelce is all-systems go from Week 1. Kelce didn’t show much in pre-season and is even coming off injury but with a lack of talent in this year’s rookie class, he’s one of the more highly rated tight ends to pick.
- Pat White looks like the third-stringer QB in Washington. Depending on how deep your league goes, he might be an option for RG3 dynasty owners as a taxi-squad candidate.
- Roy Helu has sewn up the backup running back spot to Alfred Morris. Already the passing down back, Helu is only 24 and has extreme dynasty potential. Plus, with the always shifting Mike Shanahan, you never know who’s going to be the main man. Get Helu if you can.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey is locked in as the #2 receiver in Indy this year. This puts a damper on T.Y. Hilton’s value but it may be a blessing in disguise. Hilton’s value is sure to drop early on as Indy plans to run more. But don’t sleep on him in your drafts or even in a trade if you can get him for the right price.
- Johnathan Franklin is not ready to contribute to the Green Bay running game this year. We’ve always been skeptical of just how Green Bay planned to use Franklin. He’s currently being overdrafted in dynasty drafts. Stay away.
That’s it for this Tuesday. Go get ’em.
It’s almost time sports fans.
- Roy Helu has locked up the backup running back position in Washington. An infinitely better receiver than Alfred Morris, he’ll be in on passing downs.
- Quarterback Blaine Gabbert will get the start in Jacksonville, it looks like. Gabbert has one more to prove himself long-term.
- Buffalo QB E.J. Manual had minor knee surgery which could keep him out of the first week but shouldn’t affect him long-term. Still draft him in dynasty leagues.
- After opening camp in a dead heat with Michael Vick, Nick Foles has been playing soft and all but lost the starting job. Foles is only a viable pick in dynasty leagues if you have Vick now.
- Jermichael Finley and Aaron Rodgers have developed good chemistry in Green Bay. Uh huh. Don’t get too excited about Finley until game time.
More drafts in the weeks ahead. Get excited!