We’re halfway home folks. Make it a good one.
- Cam Newton spent most of Carolina camp in the pocket which is fantastic news for his long-term health. Newton is a no-brainer, top three quarterback in dynasty ranks.
- Rookie receiver Aaron Dobson has looked much better in Pats camp. Between Dobson and UDFA Kenbrell Thompkins, you can’t go wrong taking a young Patriots receiver this year.
- San Diego rookie receiver suffered some kind of knee injury yesterday and had to receive treatment. Allen suffered knee injuries throughout his career so this shouldn’t come as a surprise. It’s still disappointing as Allen had first round talent. I’d personally hold off drafting him until later.
- Receiver Chris Givens has had an excellent camp so far in St. Louis. Tavon Austin has gotten the attention but Givens has a more definitive role in the Rams young offense. Overall, I’d go with Givens.
- Minnesota linebacker Desmond Bishop might not even make the team. Plan accordingly.
- Things are not going well in Jacksonville when Marcedes Lewis is complaining about the offense. Anything related to the Jacksonville offense should probably be avoided, even in dynasty circles.
- Arizona running back Ryan Williams is undergoing platelet-rich plasma therapy for his gimpy knee. Williams has yet to be fully healthy in camp, allowing rookies Stepfan Taylor and Andre Ellington to step up. All of them are fighting for backup duties to Rashard Mendendhall which should give you an idea of how lacking the Arizona running game is in quality. It’s best to avoid if you can.