It’s Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday…
- Fred Davis seems to have recovered from his ankle injury. With the dearth of quality tight ends, Davis isn’t a bad option as a high-end TE2. Just 27 and RG3 as his quarterback, the potential is there in dynasty leagues.
- Stevie Johnson is working out of the slot in Buffalo. The goal is to develop Johnson into the Wes Welker role, where Welker averaged 100 catches a year. If E.J. Manual can develop, Johnson would make an intriguing dynasty receiver going forward and worth more than his current 36th ranking in dynasty charts.
- Jermichael Finley is having a great camp and, apparently, justifying his TE1 status. Still just 26 and in one of the best offenses in the NFL, Finley is in a great position. He just needs to not be so charitable.
- Arian Foster should be coming back Sunday. Foster is no stranger to injury. At 27, it’s fair to question how much longer Foster has to be an elite running back option. I might avoid Foster until at least the last half of the first round in dynasty drafts. I also might consider trading him sometime this season or after.
- Mike Wallace has been dealing with a groin injury. The hope is he comes back for Sunday’s game and can keep working with Ryan Tannehill. Wallace is a still WR2 but has potential for a WR1 if Tannehill can make the leap.
- Fresh off our look at rookie running backs, Denard Robinson’s snaps have decreased to ‘free up his mind.’ Don’t draft Robinson until his play improves.
- Dion Sims is officially the #2 tight end in Miami and has looked good. After looking at his chances, we like Sims for a taxi squad role on your dynasty team in his rookie year.
- The Bengals confirmed what we hoped for Tyler Eifert – he will line up wide. He’s been getting high praise and deserves to be the first rookie tight end of your dynasty board.
- Golden Tate has looked good in camp. With Percy Harvin out for a while, Tate is someone to keep in mind. At just 24, he’s a great mid-to-late round dynasty pick and, at the moment, worth more than his 66th ranking.
Remember, if you’re able to read this, it’s the best day ever.