Click here for complete updated dynasty tight end rankings.
- Change to the top five this month with Redskins tight end Jordan Reed entering at number five. Reed’s stock is up thanks to new coach Jay Gruden’s pass-first mentality. The four before him include Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron.
- Up this month is Cowboys tight end Gavin Escobar and Titans tight end Delanie Walker. Escobar should see more opportunities in Dallas with Jason Witten getting older. Delanie Walker is expected to see more targets in new coach Ken Whisenhunt’s offense. Walker is a decent buy-low candidate for 2014.
- Lions tight end Joseph Fauria dropped a bit thanks to the Lions re-signing of fellow tight end Brandon Pettigrew. Fauria should pass Pettigrew on the depth chart sometime this season. The other drop is Tampa’s new tight end Brandon Myers. Myers had a terrible stint in New York and isn’t expected to do much better in Tampa. Even at 39 he’s not a recommended buy.
Click here for complete dynasty tight end rankings, now with Rotoworld rankings included.
- Top six remains the same with Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Vernon Davis and Jordan Reed at the top.
- Big risers this update include Vance McDonald of the 49ers. Vernon Davis is now 30 years old and McDonald is the current candidate to replace him; same goes for McDonald’s Rice teammate Luke Willson in Seattle, playing behind now-28-year-old Zach Miller; the last big riser is Atlanta’s Levine Toilolo. With Tony Gonzalez’ retirement (almost) official, Toilolo steps in as the starter in a high-powered offense.
- The big drops this update include the previously mentioned Miller; the Eagles Brent Celek, 29, who will be giving more snaps to Zach Ertz; the other big drop includes Jacksonville’s Marcedes Lewis, who could be a decent buy-low candidate if Jacksonville draft’s a quarterback in May.
- The new entries to the rankings include Houston’s Ryan Griffin, who immediately looks appealing thanks to Owen Daniels’ release; and the Giants Adrien Robinson who is currently the starter in New York thanks to Brandon Myers signing in Tampa.
Click here for updated dynasty tight end rankings.
- We have a new top five with Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski (injuries aside), new #3 Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, and Vernon Davis rounding it out.
- Next up on the list is now second-year Washington tight end Jordan Reed, making a big leap from ninth to sixth. Other big risers include fellow second-year tight end Ladarius Green (from 16th to 11th) who will, presumably, take on a bigger role in San Diego next year. Also be on the lookout for Philadelphia’s Zach Ertz (from 22nd to 16th) who had three of his four biggest yardage games in the last five games of the season. Ertz has more talent than any other tight end on the Eagles roster and should be utilized more.
- Dropping this time is Packers tight end Jermichael Finley from 14th to 18th due to the questions about his health and where he’ll end up next season. Other drops include the Giants Brandon Myers, who possibly had the most disappointing fantasy season in the tight end category, and Washington’s Fred Davis who was unseated by the previously mentioned Reed. Neither one shows bounce-back potential in 2014.