Be sure to follow us @dynasty_ffc.
Be sure to see every post @dynasty_ffc.
Click here for updated dynasty tight end rankings.
- Top five is a consensus now with Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, and Vernon Davis.
- A moderate riser this month is Cowboys tight end Gavin Escobar. Jason Witten is a year older and the cap-strapped Cowboys can’t bring in better options in the receiving game.
- Fallers this month include Coby Fleener of the Colts. Until the Colts show a willingness to unleash the passing game, no tight end in that Indy offense is a safe bet. Another drop is Brandon Bostick of the Packers. Jermichael Finley could still come back but until the team officially anoints Bostick the heir apparent, he can’t be considered a sure thing.
Click here for updated tight end dynasty rankings.
- No big shakes in the top five – Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, and Vernon Davis are all there. These rankings should hold barring significant injury news on Gronk.
- The big risers this month include Tim Wright from Tampa Bay, Delanie Walker from Tennessee, Brandon Bostick from Green Bay, and Mychal Rivera from Oakland. With the exception of Walker, all are young and are expected to see even more action in 2014. Bostick would be the guy that most leagues shouldn’t know about quite yet so get him if you can.
- The big drops include Jared Cook of the Rams, Antonio Gates from San Diego, Brandon Pettigrew, who is set to be a free agent, Fred Davis, also set to be a free agent, and the ‘retiring’ Tony Gonzalez. Cook just fell off a cliff after a promising season opener. The Rams are expected to add even more weapons, diminishing Cook’s role. Brandon Pettigrew has had all the opportunity in the world with Detroit’s high-octane attack but hasn’t produced. Chances are low he’ll suddenly break out on another team. Fred Davis hasn’t produce since his breakout year three years ago. Now rankings are taking in to account Tony Gonzalez’ retirement. But I won’t believe it until I see it. If you can snag Gonzalez for a late round pick in your draft, or something equivalent, do it.