- Couldn’t have had a much better debut than Marcus Mariota with 209 yards and four touchdowns. He’s firmly a QB2 but has room to grow.
- Running back Bishop Sankey got off to a great start with 74 yards rushing on just 12 carries plus a touchdown along with two more catches for 12 yards and another touchdown. If he can have games like this consistently, he’ll rise to a low-end RB2 in dynasty leagues.
- Another bounce back debut, this time from receiver Kendall Wright with 101 yards on four catches and a touchdown. Wright won’t be able to keep this pace up but could see a boost in value now that Mariota is in town.
- Meanwhile, Jameis Winston had a typical debut for a rookie quarterback with 210 passing yards plus two touchdowns and two interceptions. It’s a decent start for the rookie but Mariota has the early lead.
- Second-year tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins filled in nicely for Mike Evans with five catches for 110 yards and two touchdowns. It was mainly garbage time but it’s a nice start to, what many people think, is a breakout year. He’s only a TE2 for now but that could change if he keeps this up.