- The Ravens signed recently cut receiver Steve Smith over the weekend. It should be a non-impact move as Smith’s value in dynasty had sharply decreased and isn’t expected to increase in Baltimore. It’s also not expected to affect Torrey Smith or Dennis Pitta’s value.
- At the opposite end of the impact spectrum, Emmanuel Sanders signed with the Broncos. His value should be at an all-time high heading in to 2014.
- The Patriots signed receiver Brandon LaFell to a short-term deal. He’s expected to compete with Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins for catches. You shouldn’t expect much from LaFell in dynasty.
- Speaking of Patriots receivers, they re-signed Julian Edelman. Edelman’s dynasty value wouldn’t be higher anywhere else and he should continue to be a WR2/3.
- In free agent running back news, the Browns signed Ben Tate who will be penciled in as the starter heading in to 2014. Tate only signed a two-year deal so he has limited time to prove his worth.
- In non-free agency news, Arian Foster has been medically cleared by his doctors after a season-ending back injury. He could be a decent buy-low candidate to pick off from those scared off by Foster’s injury history. You shouldn’t rely on him as your RB1 in dynasty but would make an excellent RB2.
- Seahawks tight end Zach Miller re-worked his contract to stay with the team. Luke Willson dynasty owners might have to wait a little longer to cash in on the dynasty hold.