- Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington will be suspended for the entire 2014 season. Time to move on if you have Washington in dynasty leagues.
- The Giants used three-wide sets in OTA’s, setting up rookie Odell Beckham to see a lot of action early on. He could challenge for the first rookie off the board in dynasty drafts behind Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans.
- In other Giants news, they cut quarterback Josh Freeman leaving Ryan Nassib as the primary backup behind Eli Manning. Freeman likely won’t latch on with another team and Nassib, for now, is someone to look at for Manning owners.
- Redskins rookie Lache Seastrunk could see the practice squad this year so don’t be in a rush to snatch him on draft day. There’s a crowded backfield in Washington and Seastrunk is pretty low on the totem pole.
Tag Archives: josh freeman
Daily Dynasty Update – April 18th
- New Jets running back Chris Johnson understands he won’t be a work horse and will split carries with Chris Ivory. His dynasty stock was already slipping and dropping in to a time share won’t help matters. His days of being a top-end dynasty running back are about done.
- Texans linebacker Brian Cushing appears to be 100% heading in to 2014. Cushing has had some injury issues over the past few years but could still bounce back as a LB1 if he stays healthy.
- Don’t look for Giants third stringer Ryan Nassib to move up the depth chart or your dynasty rankings any time soon. With Josh Freeman now the backup, Nassib has little upside.
- Another player that won’t move up dynasty rankings much is running back LaMichael James. James has nowhere to go in San Francisco behind Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and now Marcus Lattimore.
Daily Dynasty Update – September 27th
Happy hour is only a few hours away. Oh, and the 49ers look normal again. Who knew running the ball was a recipe for success?
- Rams running back Isaiah Pead was a healthy scratch last night yet Zac Stacy didn’t have a single carry. Benny Cunningham ended up spelling Daryl Richardson. Apparently just because the Rams had three running backs in the beginning of the season doesn’t mean they had three worth taking in dynasty fantasy. Look for Cunningham on deeper waiver wires.
- Bucs (now) backup quarterback Josh Freeman would like a trade. I’d also like a million dollars but it won’t happen. Freeman’s cap number is way too big for a backup/middling starter. He’ll be in Tampa until the end of the season and will begin the path of a journeyman quarterback.
- The Jaguars have officially designated Denard Robinson as a wide receiver. Still won’t matter as Robinson has yet to break out and is on a bad team.
- Dallas rookie receiver Terrance Williams will get the start Sunday if Miles Austin can’t go. In that offense, the 2nd receiver will get more opportunities than most. Williams is also young and cheap which means he could be in Dallas for a while. He’d be worth a stash in deep dynasty leagues.
Daily Dynasty Update – September 25th
- Tampa Bay has named Mike Glennon quarterback going forward. Josh Freeman is officially done. If you’re quarterback starved, here’s an in-season option.
- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith is headed to rehab and will be out for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, Smith can rebound and return to football very soon.
- Lions receiver Ryan Broyles will be getting more attention in the wake of Nate Burleson’s injury. He’ll still man the slot in the pass-happy Lions offense and still quite young. He’s on the dynasty radar.
- Speaking of Detroit, they’ve asked about Cleveland receiver Josh Gordon in a trade. Gordon in the Lions offense would be dynamite. His stock skyrocketed thanks to his big day Sunday but keep an eye on him if the price drops.
- Patriots receiver Danny Amendola is progressing well. Now would be the time to buy-low from someone tired of Amendola’s injury shenanigans. He is a dynamic player when healthy but that seems to be a 50/50 proposition.