Fantasy drafts will be in full swing between now and the season. Let’s see what we got:
We’ll keep it short today. Updated rankings to come. Gooooooooood luck everybody.
At least it’s not Monday?
- The injury bug hit Jamaal Charles on Monday. He went down with a foot sprain but looks fine. The fantasy world probably won’t be comfortable until he sees game action.
- Receiver DeSean Jackson looks like his old self in Philly camp. Currently ranked 44th in dynasty ranks, Jackson may be a tad undervalued at this point. The hope is to be a regular WR3 with a WR2 as his ceiling.
- Second year receiver T.Y. Hilton says the game is slowing down for him. After a good pre-season opener, Hilton is in prime position to succeed this year and in the future with Andrew Luck at quarterback and Reggie Wayne close to retirement. Grab Hilton if he’s available.
- Second year tight end Ladarius Green is looking good in San Diego. With Antonio Gates at 33, Green is in a prime position to take over the starting role but will need to have a good season.
- Rookie tight end Gavin Escobar has been quiet so far in Dallas. So far, he grades out as the worst blocking tight end this pre-season, according to Pro Football Focus. Not exactly a recipe for success. Escobar is no more than a taxi squad candidate at this point. He’d be even more valuable if Jason Witten is on your roster.
- Third year receiver Jon Baldwin dropped a couple of passes during practice Sunday and has yet to stand out in Kansas City’s camp. It’s not inconceivable to imagine this might be Baldwin’s last chance to validate his first round status. Andy Reid does like to throw it around so Baldwin will have his chance.
It’s the last day of the month. Let’s see what we got:
Next month will be drafting time. Giddy up.