- The Redskins never came close to dealing quarterback Kirk Cousins and he will remain RG3’s primary backup. For dynasty purposes, that’s all he’s good for as its highly unlikely he ever gets a starting job.
- After potentially starting the season atop the depth chart at receiver, Stedman Bailey will be suspended the first four games for a performance enhancing substance. The Rams didn’t start any receivers this week so Bailey had a good shot at getting significant playing time. However, this will severely handicap that and diminish any real dynasty value.
- Don’t get too excited about Levine Toilolo as the Falcons are expected to give more targets to Harry Douglas as they update their offense. Douglas will have some value but not nearly as much as last year when Julio Jones and Roddy White were injured.
Tag Archives: harry douglas
Dynasty Recap – Week 13 – Falcons escape Bills, 34-31
- Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan had a solid say, going 28 of 47 for 311 yards and a touchdown. Ryan has still had a decent season despite the Falcons record. He’ll be primed for a comeback season in 2014.
- Bills running back C.J. Spiller carried the ball 15 times for 149 yards and a touchdown. Hopefully Spiller’s injury woes are behind him and with Fred Jackson being one year older next year, maybe it’ll be time for Spiller to carry the full load.
- Even with Falcons receiver Roddy White‘s breakout game of 10 catches for 143 yards, I’m more encouraged by fellow receiver Harry Douglas. He led the team with 15 targets and hauled in six of them for 73 yards. It’ll be very interesting to see what Atlanta does at receiver next year but Douglas has some potential.
- Falcons linebacker Paul Worrilow led the team in tackles and now has 89 on the year. It’s an incredible number when you consider he had 17 through the first seven games of the season. Undrafted out of Delaware, Worrilow looks like a keeper.
Dynasty Recap – Week 12 – Saints edge Falcons, 17-13
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees had a good day, going 23 of 33 for 278 yards and two touchdowns with an 8+ YPA. Brees is a top three dynasty quarterback, regardless of age.
- Saints running back Pierre Thomas had a great day in place of Darren Sproles. Rushing for 73 yards on just 10 carries he added 57 yards on five receptions. This just shows how valuable a primary running back in New Orleans could be.
- Falcons receiver Harry Douglas continues to produce, drawing a team-high 11 targets for nine catches and 79 yards. It’s hard to say where Douglas fits in the 2014 Falcons plans but he’s making the most of his opportunity.
- Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan was a beast with six tackles, 2.5 sacks, two tackles for a loss and even a pass defended. At 24, Jordan is a definitive DL1 in dynasty circles.
Dynasty Recap – Week 11 – Buccaneers beat Falcons, 41-28
- Buccaneers rookie quarterback Mike Glennon had another efficient day going 20 of 23 for 231 yards and two touchdowns with zero turnovers. If he keeps playing this well, Tampa may use their high pick to address other needs.
- Bucs running back Bobby Rainey had a huge day with 163 yards rushing on 30 carries. Don’t get too carried away as Rainey has two running backs ahead of him on the depth chart.
- Bucs receiver Vincent Jackson had a huge day as well with 10 catches on 12 targets for 165 yards and a touchdown. Hopefully, with some stability at the quarterback position, Jackson can continue to produce the way Tampa hoped with they signed him.
- On the other side of the field, Falcons fill-in Harry Douglas had six catches for 134 yards on a touchdown. It will be interesting where Douglas fits in 2014 with Julio Jones coming back. Could he replace Roddy White as Atlanta’s #2?
- Atlanta undrafted free agent linebacker Paul Worrilow continues his hot streak with 16 tackles. That’s now 54 in the last three games alone. Worrilow is proving he’s legit and should be picked up in all dynasty leagues.
Dynasty Recap – Week 9 – Panthers down Falcons,
- With the return of Jonathan Stewart, the Panthers running game is back to being a hot mess. They ran the ball 33 times but the leading rusher only had 13 carries. It’s really a situation to avoid unless any personnel changes occur.
- Atlanta receiver Harry Douglas had another good day with three receptions for 82 yards. Keep an eye on Douglas as a dynasty prospect. Roddy White will be 33 next year and carry a $5 million cap number. If Atlanta is going to address its defense, White may be a cap casualty.
- Carolina linebacker Luke Kuechly had eight tackles, a pass defended and an interception. Hopefully, Kuechly can keep the production up to warrant his high dynasty grade.
Dynasty Recap – Week 8 – Cardinals down Falcons, 27-13
- The Cardinals finally allowed Andre Ellington to start and he didn’t disappoint. Ellington had 154 yards on 15 carries and a long touchdown. He added two catches for eight yards. However, the Cardinals still don’t want to give Ellington more than the 12-15 carries he’s been getting since Stepfan Taylor had just as many carries but a 2.7 YPC. There’s no logical reason to not hand the keys over to Ellington but it is what it is.
- Falcons receiver Harry Douglas, filling in for Roddy White and Julio Jones, had 12 catches on 18 targets for 121 yards. Douglas will make a fine option for the rest of 2013 but is already 29 and, unless he goes elsewhere, probably won’t be a dynasty factor.
- Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington had six tackles but added three passes defended and an interception. Washington has been as good as advertised and filled up the stat sheet for the Cardinals.