- New (?) Bucs running back Bobby Rainey ran wild with 144 yards on 22 carries plus three catches for 30 yards. With Doug Martin hurt, and in the dog house, Rainey should produce this year but we wouldn’t count on hims as a dynasty option…yet.
- The good news for Zac Stacy owners is he carried the ball three times as much as Benny Cunningham. The bad news was it was only for 3.7 YPC and 71 yards total. Stacy continues to be a volume runner that shouldn’t be considered anything more than a RB2 in dynasty.
- Rams receiver Brian Quick continues to have a strong outings, leading the team in targets, catches and yards with seven for 74 yards on nine targets. The Rams aren’t expected to contend this year which could lead to garbage time stats for Quick. Quick will be around St. Louis for at least one more year and could benefit even more with better quarterback play.
Tag Archives: benny cunningham
Dynasty Fantasy Football – Week 12 – Rams beat up on Bears,
- Bears running back Matt Forte had another good outing with 77 yards rushing and seven catches for 40 yards. He also escaped what looked like could be a serious injury.
- The Rams running attacked looked impressive as well. Rookie Zac Stacy ran well again, taking 12 carries for 87 yards and a touchdown. After getting concussed, Benny Cunningham tacked on 109 yards on 13 carries and a touchdown. You’re looking at the Rams running back rotation for 2014.
- Bears receiver Brandon Marshall had a great day with 10 catches for 117 yards and a touchdown. Marshall is closing in on another 1,000 yard, 10 touchdown campaign.
- Rams rookie linebacker Alec Ogletree had a team-high 11 tackles with a pass defended. It was a nice bounce back game for Ogletree whose production tapered off in recent weeks.
- Rams defensive lineman Robert Quinn was a force with four tackles, a sack, a pass defended and a forced fumble then recovery then touchdown. Quinn is a legit DL1 in all formats.
Daily Dynasty Update – September 27th
Happy hour is only a few hours away. Oh, and the 49ers look normal again. Who knew running the ball was a recipe for success?
- Rams running back Isaiah Pead was a healthy scratch last night yet Zac Stacy didn’t have a single carry. Benny Cunningham ended up spelling Daryl Richardson. Apparently just because the Rams had three running backs in the beginning of the season doesn’t mean they had three worth taking in dynasty fantasy. Look for Cunningham on deeper waiver wires.
- Bucs (now) backup quarterback Josh Freeman would like a trade. I’d also like a million dollars but it won’t happen. Freeman’s cap number is way too big for a backup/middling starter. He’ll be in Tampa until the end of the season and will begin the path of a journeyman quarterback.
- The Jaguars have officially designated Denard Robinson as a wide receiver. Still won’t matter as Robinson has yet to break out and is on a bad team.
- Dallas rookie receiver Terrance Williams will get the start Sunday if Miles Austin can’t go. In that offense, the 2nd receiver will get more opportunities than most. Williams is also young and cheap which means he could be in Dallas for a while. He’d be worth a stash in deep dynasty leagues.