- Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned and looked to be in mid-season form with 318 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. He’ll be the top dynasty quarterback heading in to 2014.
- Bears running back Matt Forte finished his season with 110 yards on 22 carries with two touchdowns along with four receptions for 47 yards and three total touchdowns. Behind LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles, there was no better running back in fantasy.
- Packers receiver Jordy Nelson loved his quarterback back with 10 catches for 161 yards on 16 targets. Nelson is a legit WR2 with Aaron Rodgers in the lineup.
Tag Archives: bears
Dynasty Recap – Week 16 – Eagles blow out Bears, 54-11
- Eagles quarterback Nick Foles was extremely efficient, going 21 of 25 for 230 yards and two touchdowns. He’s looking like a QB1 in dynasty leagues heading in to 2014.
- Eagles running back LeSean McCoy ran wild with 133 yards on just 18 carries and two touchdowns. He also added six catches for 29 yards. It’s been a race all year for fantasy MVP between McCoy and Jamaal Charles. Both are at the top of the dynasty charts.
- The game got so out of hand the Eagles backup running back Bryce Brown had 115 yards on just nine carries. Just this week we covered Brown’s disappointing year but this game may restore faith in his dynasty prospects.
- Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks was an animal with five tackles and two sacks. He now has 94 tackles and four sacks on the year. Kendricks is just 23 and should be a consistent dynasty produce for many years to come.
Dynasty Recap – Week 15 – Bears upend Browns, 38-31
- Bears quarterback Jay Cutler came back and looked like his old, uneven self. Going 22 of 31 for 265 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions, Cutler will return as a boom-or-bust option for the rest of this season.
- Bears running back Matt Forte continues his stellar season with 127 more yards rushing. He has over 1,000 yards rushing with a 4.6 YPC. He also has over 500 yards receiving. He’s a bona fide RB1 heading in to 2014.
- Browns safety Tashaun Gipson with eight tackles and two interceptions including a pick six. Teamed with fellow safety T.J Ward, who had nine tackles and a fumble recovery for a touchdown, the Browns defense is solid heading in to 2014.
Dynasty Recap – Week 14 – Bears dominate Cowboys, 45-28
- Bears quarterback Josh McCown continues to impress going 27 of 36 for 348 yards and four touchdowns. It’s probably a stretch to envision McCown taking over the starting job but the Bears have to at least think about it,
- Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray had 18 carries for 146 yards. He might have had more if Dallas didn’t get blown out. Murray is a legit RB2 in dynasty circles for 2014. Just prepare for the inevitable injury.
- Meanwhile, Mr. Reliable Matt Forte ran for 102 yards and also caught seven passes for 73 yards and a touchdown. Forte was playing Dallas’ horrible defense but he’s proven time and again he’s a RB1 in dynasty circles.
Dynasty Recap – Week 13 – Vikings escape Bears, 23-20
- Bears backup quarterback Josh McCown had a stellar day going 23 of 36 for 355 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions. McCown is making it an interesting decision for Chicago in the off-season as Jay Cutler is due to be a free agent. McCown is already 34 but could be a decent buffer for a drafted quarterback.
- Vikings running back Adrian Peterson went off for 211 yards on 35 carries for a 6.0 YPC. There’s just no stopping no matter who the quarterback or team is.
- Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery also went off for 12 catches and 249 yards and two touchdowns. There’s no doubt that Jeffery is on par, if not exceeded, Marshall’s value in dynasty circles.
- Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway led the Vikings in tackles with 10 and included a sack. Greenway continues to be a tackle machine with 95 so far in 2013 with a quarter of the season to go.
Dynasty Fantasy Football – Week 12 – Rams beat up on Bears,
- Bears running back Matt Forte had another good outing with 77 yards rushing and seven catches for 40 yards. He also escaped what looked like could be a serious injury.
- The Rams running attacked looked impressive as well. Rookie Zac Stacy ran well again, taking 12 carries for 87 yards and a touchdown. After getting concussed, Benny Cunningham tacked on 109 yards on 13 carries and a touchdown. You’re looking at the Rams running back rotation for 2014.
- Bears receiver Brandon Marshall had a great day with 10 catches for 117 yards and a touchdown. Marshall is closing in on another 1,000 yard, 10 touchdown campaign.
- Rams rookie linebacker Alec Ogletree had a team-high 11 tackles with a pass defended. It was a nice bounce back game for Ogletree whose production tapered off in recent weeks.
- Rams defensive lineman Robert Quinn was a force with four tackles, a sack, a pass defended and a forced fumble then recovery then touchdown. Quinn is a legit DL1 in all formats.