- Giants running back Andre Brown had 115 yards rushing on 30 carries, solidifying his every down role with David Wilson out. Brown should be owned in dynasty circles with Wilson’s long-term health up in the air.
- Raiders running back Rashad Jennings had an impressive 88 yards on 20 carries for a 4.4 YPC. He won’t be an option long-term but one might be able to trade him this year for an asset.
- Raiders rookie linebacker Sio Moore had his best game of the year with nine tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul had his first sack since the season opener. His play has diminished all year and you have to wonder if he can return to form. Hopefully he can regain his value.
- Arizona is finally open to giving rookie running back Andre Ellington more touches. So are fantasy dynasty owners. We’ll see if it happens.
- Steelers linebacker Jarvis Jones was demoted recently. Not the end of the world for the rookie and may signify a good time to buy low in dynasty leagues.
- Giants running back Andre Brown is set to return after the Giants bye week. While probably never a RB1, he should be owned in dynasty leagues as he appears to be the Ron Dayne in the 21st century version of the Giants Thunder and Lightning.
- Saints rookie receiver Kenny Stills continues to perform well in the high-powered offense. He’ll never be a WR1 or even a WR2 but being a rookie in that offense will have value.
And a happy Sunday to you.
- The Giants are expected to split carries between Andre Brown and David Wilson. That #12 ranking for Wilson might be a tad high.
- Norv Turner sees Cleveland running back Trent Richardson with 300 carries and 60 catches. Giddy. Up.
- San Diego looks to use running back Danny Woodhead on passing situations. Ryan Mathews now seems appropriately ranked at #24.
- St. Louis tight end Jared Cook has been connecting with Sam Bradford. Cook may realize his full potential in St. Louis. His #8 ranking could seem low.
- Buffalo receiver Stevie Johnson could miss most of the pre-season with a hammy injury. It’s disappointing as Johnson was running in the slot in the hopes of being the Buffalo Wes Welker.
- Patriots running back Shane Vereen has been lining up all over the place and appears to have gained the trust of Tom Brady. Vereen is currently 32nd in dynasty ranks and makes for a great RB3.
- Arizona running back Rashard Mendenhall is nursing knee tendonitis. With Ryan Williams also hurt, the running back situation in the desert could get real ugly.
- Eric Reid should be the starter at safety for San Francisco heading into the season. Reid is already the 37th ranked DB in dynasty ranks.
Happy kickoff everybody!