- The Giants are expected to make running back Rashad Jennings their starter after signing him on the first day of free agency. David Wilson’s dynasty stock remains in a stand still as Jennings will turn 29 in a few weeks. Andre Brown’s future may be in doubt.
- On a related note, running back Darren McFadden re-signed with the Raiders where he’ll battle Latavius Murray for the starting job.
- In a surprising move, the Chargers signed running back Donald Brown and, effectively, downgraded the entire San Diego backfield for fantasy/dynasty purposes. Brown played like a starter down the stretch in Indy and will now take snaps from both Ryan Mathews and Danny Woodhead.
- Another head-scratcher was the Saints signing safety Jairus Byrd. Byrd was, arguably, the best safety available but to commit that much money ($28 million guaranteed) is odd. Either way, Byrd is a top safety in IDP leagues and inserting him in one of the league’s most aggressive defenses should be good times.
- The Bengals re-signed receiver Andrew Hawkins after he received an offer from division rival Cleveland. Hawkins was hurt most of last year but did show some promise as a dynamic option in the slot. He’s worth a stash in deep, PPR dynasty leagues.
- Saints running back Darren Sproles is not expected to be cut but, instead, should be traded soon. His value will entirely depend on where he ends up but his days as a RB2 are over.
- The Colts re-signed running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who should be in the mix for backup duties now that Donald Brown is gone.