- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger continues his late season surge, going 23 of 39 for 349 yards and three touchdowns with one fumble lost. He’ll be just 32 entering 2014 and Pittsburgh has the makings of a good, young offense around him.
- Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas went off for 105 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown in place of Lamar Miller. Don’t expect many more days like this from Thomas.
- On the other side of the field, Steelers rookie running back Le’Veon Bell performed well in the running game with 61 yards on 15 carries. He was even more impressive in the passing game with nine targets, hauling in five catches for 28 yards. Bell is proving he can be an every down back and will be viewed as such heading in to 2014.
- Dolphins tight end Charles Clay led the Dolphins with 10 targets, seven catches and 97 yards and two touchdowns. He continues to have an impressive season in place of the injured Dustin Keller. It’s hard to imagine Clay’s role being diminished heading in to 2014.
- Steelers linebacker Jason Worilds had another good game with eight tackles and two more sacks. He now has 31 tackles and five sacks in the last four games. Worilds will be a free agent in 2014 but should find a starting job somewhere.