- The Giants as a team continue to look bad. Eli Manning threw for less than 50% with a 5.9 YPA. Manning needs improvement on his line and running game before he gets back to sea level.
- Additionally, the Giants played from behind most of the game which eliminated the running game. David Wilson only had 13 carries which won’t be productive for anyone. If he doesn’t get a chance to prove himself, he’ll never fulfill his full potential.
- The lone bright spot for New York was Victor Cruz and his 16 targets and 10 catches. Re-signed in the off-season, Cruz is set up to be a dynasty stud for many years to come.
- Chiefs tight end Sean McGrath had five catches for 64 yards and a touchdown. This is just a preview of what Travis Kelce can do if he ever gets healthy.
- Chiefs receiver Donny Avery only caught two balls on 10 targets. Any illusions about Avery contributing to the offense should cease. Kansas City should continue to look for a second receiver.
- Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali was the linebacker du jour with two sacks and a tackle for a loss. With the exception of Derrick Johnson and his tackles, there is no consistent linebacker in Kansas City to roll with.