- In a battle of rookie quarterbacks, the Jets Geno Smith prevailed and looked quite impressive against a weak Buffalo defense. He had 331 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. With no pressure, Smith could have a productive season. Keep an eye out.
- Meanwhile, the man picked ahead of Geno, Bills quarterback E.J. Manual had a quiet day with 243 yards and one touchdown. He did only compete 19 passes on 42 attempts. The Jets defense has been impressive so far so Manual should be fine. I would put him and Geno neck and neck for dynasty purposes.
- Jets running back Bilal Powell had 149 yards after Chris Ivory got hurt. Ivory will be out for some time so Powell does have some value. Trade him now if you can as the Jets will look for a more long-term solution in the off-season.
- For Buffalo rookie receiver Robert Woods, the 10 targets were a plus. The two receptions were not. Woods will be fine though and a low buy trade is advisable.
- Jets defensive lineman Muhammed Wilkerson had two of the Jets eight sacks on Sunday. Wilkerson is only 23 and on a very good defense. He could be a DL1 by year’s end.