- While the Cleveland running game appears to be a wreck in the wake of the Trent Richardson trade, the passing game had no problems. Brian Hoyer had 321 yards and three touchdowns (with three interceptions) on the day. Hoyer will be a hot waiver wire pickup. At the moment, I couldn’t imagine the Browns sticking with Hoyer past this year (hello Kelly Holcomb) but stranger things have happened.
- On the receiving end for Cleveland, receiver Josh Gordon led the way with 10 catches for 146 yards with tight end Jordan Cameron hauling in three touchdowns.
- Just avoid the Cleveland running game. Please.
- On the Vikings side, quarterback Christian Ponder had a good day on the ground with two touchdowns and 46 yards. Through the air, he averaged 5.4 YPA, had one interception and was sacked six times. Yikes.
- Vikings rookie receiver Cordarrelle Patterson had his best receiving game so far with 49 yards. He’ll only get better as the season progresses if you can snag him.