- Even in the win, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady doesn’t look right and may finally be nearing the end of his fantasy relevance. You simply can’t roll with him as a QB1 anymore and certainly not in dynasty formats.
- On the other side of the field, Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel had a horrible day with 202 yards passing a touchdown and four interceptions. With more losses, the calls will get louder for Teddy Bridgewater.
- Meanwhile, Patriots receiver Julian Edelman continues to show why he’s the next Wes Welker with six catches for 81 yards while leading the team in targets along with a touchdown. He’s a solid WR2 in PPR dynasty formats.
Tag Archives: vikings
Dynasty Recap – Week 17 – Vikings slip by Lions, 14-13
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford went 22 of 33 for 217 yards for a 6.6 YPA, another sub-par performance without Calvin Johnson. It’ll be interesting to see what the Lions do with the coaching staff and who it will affect. No matter what they do, Stafford will have even more pressure on him to perform next year.
- Vikings running back Matt Asiata had 14 carries for 115 yards for an 8+ YPC. He will not be an option next year on dynasty rosters.
- Lions running back Reggie Bush had an abysmal 2.3 YPC with 32 yards on 14 carries but added five catches for 33 yards and a touchdown. Bush’s value has definitely taken a hit with Joique Bell in the fold. It could be affected further depending on any coaching changes. Stay tuned.
- Vikings end Jared Allen had two more sacks for 11.5 on the year. Allen had 6.5 in the last five games of the year, showing he’s still got it. Allen will, most likely, sign with another team for 2014 and is still a viable IDP option.
Dynasty Recap – Week 15 – Vikings upset Eagles, 48-30
- Eagles quarterback Nick Foles had another great game, going 30 of 48 for 428 yards and three touchdowns with one interception. There’s no doubt who will be the starter in Philadelphia next year and it might mean Foles is a QB1 in dynasty leagues.
- The main beneficiary of Foles’ production was DeSean Jackson, catching 10 for 195 yards and a touchdown. With Foles at quarterback for most of the season, Jackson is on pace to set a career-high in yards and already has in catches. He’ll be an intriguing WR2 prospect in dynasty heading in to 2014.
- Vikings receiver Greg Jennings had his best game as a Viking with 163 yards on 11 catches and a touchdown. Jennings is rapidly getting older but should get an upgrade at quarterback next year. He’ll be nothing more than a WR4 in 2014 and will be worse after that.
- Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks filled the stat sheet with eight tackles, a sack, and an interception. At just 23, he’s a legit LB1 in dynasty circles.
Dynasty Recap – Week 14 Recap – Ravens edge Vikings, 29-26
- Vikings rookie receiver Cordarrelle Patterson had his best game as a pro, going for 141 yards on five catches and a touchdown. He also added 111 kick return yards. Patterson appears to be the real deal and, with noting to play for, the Vikings could finally unleash his talent.
- Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta made a strong comeback from a hip injury with six catches for 48 yards and a touchdown. He also tied for the team lead in targets with 11. Pitta’s injury obviously hasn’t hampered his role in the offense. He should climb back up the dynasty tight end rankings soon.
- Vikings linebacker Audie Cole continued his surprisingly good play in the middle with 13 more tackles. In the three games he’s played since taking over for Erin Henderson, Cole has racked up 35 tackles, a sack, two tackles for a loss and a pass defended. It’s very possible Cole ends up with the job next year as the Vikings have much bigger holes to fill.
Dynasty Recap – Week 13 – Vikings escape Bears, 23-20
- Bears backup quarterback Josh McCown had a stellar day going 23 of 36 for 355 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions. McCown is making it an interesting decision for Chicago in the off-season as Jay Cutler is due to be a free agent. McCown is already 34 but could be a decent buffer for a drafted quarterback.
- Vikings running back Adrian Peterson went off for 211 yards on 35 carries for a 6.0 YPC. There’s just no stopping no matter who the quarterback or team is.
- Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery also went off for 12 catches and 249 yards and two touchdowns. There’s no doubt that Jeffery is on par, if not exceeded, Marshall’s value in dynasty circles.
- Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway led the Vikings in tackles with 10 and included a sack. Greenway continues to be a tackle machine with 95 so far in 2013 with a quarter of the season to go.
Dynasty Recap – Week 12 – Packers, Vikings tie
- Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy had his third 100-yard effort with 110 yards on 25 carries and a touchdown. He also added six catches for 48 yards. He’ll continue to succeed in the high-powered Green Bay offense.
- Vikings rookie receiver Cordarrelle Patterson was targeted 11 times and hauled in eight of them for 54 yards. Hopefully the targets continue and Patterson can get more work in before the 2014 campaign.
- Packers safety Morgan Burnett had another 12-tackle game to give him 62 in his injury-shortened year. He still might get to 100 tackles while missing almost 1/3 of the season.