- The Seahawks are planning to cut back Marshawn Lynch’s carries but about 40-50 which is just fueling the Christine Michael bandwagon. Michael is closing in on RB2 status for dynasty already and should be a RB1 next year.
- Dynasty owners hoping to squeeze out a little more of Bengals running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis probably need to cut bait. He’s battling for a roster spot.
- In other Bengals news, expect Bengals receiver Marvin Jones production to spike up thanks to being named a full-time starter.
Tag Archives: marvin jones
Dynasty Recap – Wild Card – Chargers upset Bengals, 27-10
- Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton had a game to forget, going 29 of 51 for 334 yards, one touchdown, two interceptions, and one fumble. Dalton’s never been a QB1 prospect in dynasty circles and this game just proved it, despite Cincinnati’s success this year. If you’re a Dalton owner, you might start looking at a trade.
- Bengals rookie running back Giovani Bernard ended his rookie year doing what he does best – catching the ball. He caught seven passes for 73 yards while adding 45 yards on the ground. Bernard is a legit RB2 prospect in dynasty.
- Bengals receiver Marvin Jones had a big day, catching eight passes on an amazing 12 targets for 130 yards. Jones will enter 2014 as the second receiver in Cincinnati and should be square on the WR3/4 radar in dynasty leagues.
- The Chargers didn’t do much in the air but leading the way was Ladarius Green, catching three passes (a 1/4 of Philip Rivers completions) for 34 yards and a touchdown. His stock will be sky-high heading in to 2014.
Dynasty Recap – Week 17 – Bengals beat Ravens, 34-17
- Bengals rookie running back Giovani Bernard had only 22 yards on 13 carries but added five catches for 51 yards. He’ll be bordering a RB1 heading in to 2014.
- Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta led the Ravens in targets (11), catches (8), and yards (63). Pitta has made an amazing comeback after a severe hip injury early in the season. He’ll be a top ten dynasty tight end in 2014.
- Bengals receiver Marvin Jones had five catches for 61 yards and a touchdown, capping an impressive 2013. He’ll most likely be the second receiver behind A.J. Green in Cincinnati next year and could be an intriguing prospect
- Ravens safety Matt Elam had 10 more tackles to cap off a nice three game stretch to end the year. His 26 tackles, tackle for a loss, and interception in those three games bodes well for 2014.
Dynasty Recap – Week 8 – Bengals blow out Jets, 49-9
- Bengals receiver Marvin Jones exploded for eight receptions for 122 yards and four touchdowns. It’s fair to say Jones will no longer be under the radar.
- Meanwhile, the Bengals running game didn’t show a lot as BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 33 yards on 11 carries and Giovani Bernard went for 18 yards on five carries. The Bengals got away with little production from the running game this week but won’t be able to forever. Bernard is still highly ranked in dynasty circles.
- Jets receiver David Nelson had a nice little day of eight catches for 80 yards. Even though Nelson is just 26, don’t expect this kind of production to continue. The Jets offense is a bit of a mess and no one is safe.
- Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict had another double-digit sack day with a tackle for a loss and a pass defended. At just 23 and the anchor of a strong defense, Burfict will be a solid dynasty contributor for many years.