- The Raiders are expecting big things from newly acquired Matt Schaub this season. Dynasty owners shouldn’t. Unless they draft Sammy Watkins to take some of the load off, Schaub is not a solution.
- The Jets signed quarterback Mike Vick to compete with second-year quarterback Geno Smith. The Jets have made some moves in the passing game during free agency and Vick could still provide some value. Geno’s dynasty stock does take a dip.
- receiver Marquess Wilson will get the first chance to be the third receiver in Chicago. It’s a sizable position to be in after Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. Expect Wilson’s dynasty value to soar leading up to the 2014 season.
- Also in Bears news, expect linebacker Jon Bostic to move outside in 2014. The move will dampen his dynasty value. Meanwhile, former defensive end Shea McClellin will move to linebacker which should improve his dynasty value after some potential at end.
- The Steelers signed receiver Lance Moore. Markus Wheaton dynasty owners shouldn’t worry as Moore isn’t expected to challenge his dynasty value. Currently, Moore looks like he was signed for depth.
Tag Archives: lance moore
Daily Dynasty Update – March 7th
- The Saints officially released Lance Moore, making him a free agent. Moore will be 31 when the season starts and won’t find a system similar to the one in New Orleans in free agency. For dynasty purposes, he’s done.
- It’s very possible Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee moves outside while second year linebacker DeVonte Holloman would move inside. It’d be a hit on Lee’s tackle numbers but he should still be considered a LB1. Holloman’s dynasty value would shoot way up.
- The Jaguars have officially re-signed Chad Henne to a two-year deal. It allows Henne’s dynasty value to stay afloat as he’s widely expected to be a bridge quarterback for the Jaguars who are expected to take a signal-caller in the draft.
- The Giants are, apparently, not sold yet on receiver Rueben Randle. It appears this is a prove-it year for Randle with the Giants as he’s expected to draw the start opposite Victor Cruz. Now’s the time to get in on Randle if there ever was one.
Daily Dynasty Update – November 14th
- Saints receiver Lance Moore played just 35% of snaps this past week. It extends a disappointing season for Moore who was coming off his first 1,000 yard season in 2012. Feel free to move on from Moore in dynasty leagues.
- ESPN.com had an interesting stat about 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and his effectiveness with and without Vernon Davis on the field. Furthermore, it speaks volumes to how critical good receiving options are to Kaepernick. Make sure San Francisco gets him some options before increasing his value in your dynasty league.
- Eagles quarterback Michael Vick acknowledged the obvious when he said he expected to be the backup to Nick Foles when he returns. It’s fair to wonder if this might be Vick’s last stop as a starter and it’s fair to drop him if you have to make a roster move.
- Everyone thinks Andrew Ellington should start at running back in Arizona…except Bruce Arians.