- The Devonta Freeman bandwagon just got more crowded with word that his ascension to the top of the Falcons running back depth chart may happen sooner rather than later. Stevan Jackson is 31 and is no guarantee to return to the Pro Bowler he used to be.
- Further confirmation that Arizona running back Andre Ellington will get 20+ touches per game. Ellington was blocked by Rashard Mendenhall last year but with Mendenhall retired, there is no one to stop Ellington from being the Cardinals work horse.
- For however long Browns running back Ben Tate can stay healthy, he might be in a time share with rookie Terrance West.
- Even with the signing of LaGarrette Blount, Le’Veon Bell is still expected to see over 300 touches. Bell is one of the few, young running backs that can be relied on for a few years which makes him a RB1 in dynasty leagues.
Tag Archives: lagarrette blount
Daily Dynasty Update – June 2nd
- Recent estimates have Peyton Manning playing three more years, which is music to dynasty owners ears. Until he shows otherwise, Manning should be treated as a top quarterback in dynasty leagues.
- In the wake of Daryl Washington’s impending suspension, it looks like Larry Foote will take over his role in the Cardinals defense. Foote may be a decent buy for 2014 but not beyond.
- LaGarrette Blount figures to get 6-8 carries a game in Pittsburgh. This will have little-to-no effect on Le’Veon Bell’s status.
- Marqise Lee looks to have a better shot at starting early, practicing in the ‘Z’ position. It was Justin Blackmon’s old spot and has produced nicely when there’s talent manning the position. Lee looks to have a ceiling of a late first-rounder in rookie dynasty drafts.
Dynasty Recap – Week 17 – Patriots beat up Bills, 34-20
- Bills quarterback Thad Lewis went 16 of 29 for 247 yards and a touchdown. If anything, Lewis has shown he’s a capable backup to E.J. Manual. Plan accordingly in 2014.
- Patriots running back LaGarrette Blount ran wild for 189 yards on 24 carries as the rush running back (as opposed to the receiving running back). The Patriots running back will be one to monitor heading in to 2014.
- Meanwhile, Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller ran for 105 yards on 19 carries along with five catches for 28 yards. It provided fantasy owners a glimpse of what could have been in 2013.
- Patriots receiver Julian Edelman caught nine passes for 65 yards which gives him over 100 catches and 1,000 yards on the year. If Edelman re-signs with New England, he’ll be a WR2 in dynasty leagues.
- Bills rookie linebacker Kiko Alonso capped his excellent rookie year with 14 more tackles. He finishes the year with 159 on the year and is a LB1 heading in to next year.
Week 3 Dynasty Recap – Patriots control Buccaneers, 23-3
- The Patriot rookie receivers came alive with Aaron Dobson being targeted a team-high 10 times and pulling in seven while Kenbrell Thompkins caught the first two touchdowns of his career. Kudos to those that bought low or held on.
- Meanwhile, running back LaGarrette Blount ended up leading the Patriots in rushes with 14 over Stevan Ridley‘s 11. It could be due to the blowout win but Ridley’s opportunities and performance have been up and down this year. Hopefully it stabilizes before dynasty fantasy owners are forced to look somewhere else.
- Tom Brady continues to jell with the rookie receivers mentioned above and with Rob Gronkowski expected back any week now, now might be the time to buy on Brady.
- On the other side of the field, Tampa Bay running back Doug Martin had another pedestrian day. Martin is also an excellent buy low candidate.