Complete updated dynasty tight end rankings can be found here.
- Top five remains the same with Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce, Julius Thomas, and Greg Olsen.
- Several big risers in the last rankings before next week’s NFL draft: Zach Ertz is up to 8th from 12th; Antonio Gates to 19th from 23rd; Richard Rodgers up to 26th from 32nd; Owen Daniels up to 27th from 34th; Josh Hill up to 30th after being unranked; and Virgil Green to 42nd after being unranked.
- A few drops include Dennis Pitta to 34th after being 25th while Joseph Fauria to 44th from 40th.
Be sure to follow @dynasty_ffc.
Click here for complete dynasty tight end rankings, now with rookies.
- The top five remains the same with Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, and Jordan Reed.
- Rookies new to the list include: Eric Ebron at 8; Austin Seferian-Jenkins at 14; Jace Amaro at 17; Troy Niklas at 26; Colt Lyerla at 38; C.J. Fiedorowicz at 40; and Richard Rodgers at 45.
- Some of the biggest drops this month include Tim Wright from 25 to 35 and Joseph Fauria from 28 to 41. Both had their respective teams draft tight ends pretty high which pushed them down the depth chart.
Dynasty Impact: Ebron, the best tight end in the draft, finally fills the black hole that is the Detroit Lions tight end position. Ebron will immediately garner targets and should elevate Matthew Stafford’s game. The pick should not have an impact on Calvin Johnson or even Golden Tate but Joseph Fauria dynasty owners have to be disappointed. Ebron will immediately be the top pick in dynasty mock drafts, especially in PPR leagues.
Click here for complete updated dynasty tight end rankings.
- Change to the top five this month with Redskins tight end Jordan Reed entering at number five. Reed’s stock is up thanks to new coach Jay Gruden’s pass-first mentality. The four before him include Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron.
- Up this month is Cowboys tight end Gavin Escobar and Titans tight end Delanie Walker. Escobar should see more opportunities in Dallas with Jason Witten getting older. Delanie Walker is expected to see more targets in new coach Ken Whisenhunt’s offense. Walker is a decent buy-low candidate for 2014.
- Lions tight end Joseph Fauria dropped a bit thanks to the Lions re-signing of fellow tight end Brandon Pettigrew. Fauria should pass Pettigrew on the depth chart sometime this season. The other drop is Tampa’s new tight end Brandon Myers. Myers had a terrible stint in New York and isn’t expected to do much better in Tampa. Even at 39 he’s not a recommended buy.