Updated dynasty quarterback rankings here.
- Top five remains the same but it’s closer: Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Matt Stafford, and Drew Brees.
- Risers include rookie Teddy Bridgewater to 13th from 17th after an impressive debut; Kirk Cousins up to 27th after taking over RG3.
- Big drops include Tom Brady from 13th to 18th after a rough stretch; E.J. Manual from 24th to 28th after being benched along with Josh McCown from 32nd to 37th.
Be sure to follow us @dynasty_ffc.
Dynasty Impact: After trading up, the Bills got their man in the best wide receiver in the draft with Sammy Watkins. Not only showing a commitment to help E.J. Manual, Sammy Watkins is the best receiving prospect since Julio Jones, and provides the Bills with another playmaker alongside C.J. Spiller. He’ll start right away and, provided Manual can keep progressing, should be grabbed early in rookie dynasty drafts. Manual’s stock should also soar heading into 2014 dynasty leagues. Worst case scenario is the Bills dump Manual after not cutting it and getting another one for Watkins to catch passes from. Either way, Watkins will be a valuable commodity in 2014 dynasty drafts.
- Eagles running back LeSean McCoy is on pace for a career-high in touches. That’s music to re-draft owners of McCoy but not dynasty leaguers. It’ll be close to 1,000 touches in the last three years for McCoy. Dynasty leaguers need to be cautious with McCoy in the near future.
- Cowboys running back Lance Dunbar will be out for the season after a knee injury suffered in the Thanksgiving day game. Dunbar, averaging 5.0 YPC this season, was doing well as the change-of-pace back behind DeMarco Murray. Dunbar faces rookie Joseph Randle for that role in 2014 along with any other options the Jerry Jones regime brings in.
- The Bills are encouraging rookie quarterback E.J. Manual to let it loose in the passing game. They likely want to see what they have at quarterback and sooner rather than later. The same could be said for dynasty league owners of Manual.
Don’t forget to check out our updated running back and wide receiver rankings!