- Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers had another efficient day, going 18 of 27 for 217 yards and two touchdowns with zero turnovers. Rivers had a resurgence this season thanks to the hiring of coach Mike McCoy and should be a QB2 in dynasty leagues as long as McCoy is around.
- Broncos tight end Julius Thomas led the Broncos in receiving yards with 76 to go along with six catches and seven targets. Thomas had a break-out season and will be a top five dynasty tight end as long as Peyton Manning is around.
- Chargers rookie receiver Keenan Allen led the Chargers in targets (9), catches (6), yards (142) and had two touchdowns. Allen established himself as the lead guy in San Diego and should flirt with WR1 status in dynasty leagues next year.
Tag Archives: divisional playoff
Dynasty Recap – Divisional Playoff – 49ers take care of Panthers, 23-10
- 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had an efficient day, going 15 of 28 for 196 yards and a touchdown. Kaepernick might not light the fantasy world on fire but he’ll play well enough to be a low-end QB1 in dynasty leagues.
- 49ers receiver Anquan Boldin had a team-high eight catches for 136 yards. Boldin will be a free agent this year and already 33 so he might not be as effective next year.
- Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly filled the stat sheet with 10 tackles, a sack, and a pass defended. A disappointing end to the season but he’ll continue to be a LB1 for many years to come in dynasty leagues.
- 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman has officially passed Patrick Willis as the best linebacker in San Francisco and possibly football. He had 11 tackles and a sack and will be a high-end LB1 as well next year in dynasty circles.
Dynasty Recap – Divisional Playoff – Patriots blow out Colts, 43-23
- Colts quarterback Andrew Luck had an interesting night, going 20 of 41 for 331 yards, two touchdowns, and four interceptions. This game aside, Luck has progressed this season and should only get better. He’ll get receiver Reggie Wayne back along with tight end Dwayne Allen. Couple that with the progress T.Y. Hilton made in the slot and luck is still a top five prospect in dynasty leagues.
- Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount had a career day with 166 rushing yards and four touchdowns. Blount will be a free agent this year and is getting hot at the right time. However, one game does not a dynasty prospect make. Don’t overpay for Blount in the off-season as he’s still a one-dimensional back with an uncertain future.
- Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton was held, mostly, in check with four catches for 103 yards. Even with the Patriots focusing on Hilton he still made things happen. He’ll be an interesting WR2 for next year in dynasty leagues.
- Patriots receiver Julian Edelman led the team in targets (9), catches (6) and yards (84). Edelman easily became Tom Brady’s favorite target down the stretch and will be interesting to see if the’s re-signed. If so, he’ll be a low-end WR1 in PPR dynasty leagues.
Dynasty Recap – Divisional Playoffs – Seahawks beat Saints, 23-15
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees wasn’t quite as efficient as he usually is during the regular season. Brees went 24 of 43 for 309 yards and one touchdown. The low completion percentage further enhances the perception that Brees isn’t a fantasy stud outside a domed environment. Luckily, he has at least nine games a year in a dome between his eight home games and a road game at Atlanta. He’s still a top three dynasty quarterback for the foreseeable future.
- Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch ran wild, going off for 140 yards and two touchdowns. Lynch is signed for at least two more years in Seattle and should be a RB1 in that timeframe.
- Saints receiver Marques Colston had a big day with 11 catches for 144 yards and a touchdown. Colston will never be a sexy pick, and certainly shouldn’t be relied on as your WR1 or even WR2. But as the second option in the pass-heavy Saints offense, you could do much worse as your WR3.
- The Seahawks safety duo of Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas had a combined 25 tackles and four passes defended. Both are DB1’s heading in to 2014 dynasty seasons.