- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski continues to make progress in camp. If he’s healthy, he’s the second best tight end in dynasty. But his health is one of the biggest questions in fantasy football.
- In a major development, running back Jonathan Grimes appears to be the top backup to Arian Foster in Houston. It’s one of the most coveted backup spots in football as Foster can’t seem to stay healthy.
- In a bit of a surprise, it looks like Saints running back Pierre Thomas might be relegated to third-string. However, he remains the top receiving option so his value goes unchanged in PPR leagues.
- Titans linebacker Colin McCarthy has a shoulder injury that might keep him out awhile. McCarthy is a solid IDP option when healthy but those days are few and far between.
Tag Archives: colin mccarthy
Dynasty Recap – Week 11 – Colts at Titans
- Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick had a decent night, going 22 of 28 for 222 yard and a touchdown. Even if the 30-year old plays well down the stretch, it will be Jake Locker or bust for the Titans.
- Colts running back Trent Richardson had another poor game, rushing for only 22 yards on eight carries. He did add 31 yards on five receptions. But if this is the type of game Richardson produces week-in and week-out, he’s a poor fantasy option and certainly not a RB1. He’s now entering buy-low territory if he keeps this kind of play up.
- Colts tight end Colby Fleener had his best game of the year with eight receptions for 107 yards. Hopefully this is the beginning of good things with Fleener.
- After not starting for the first half of the season, Titans linebacker Colin McCarthy has played well in the place of Moises Foku. He had 12 tackles in the game. He now has 38 in his last four games along with two tackles for a loss, one forced fumble and one interception.
Daily Dynasty Football Update – August 1st
- Vernon Davis has taken snaps in the slot. This bodes well for everyone involved and firmly puts in Davis among the top five tight ends in dynasty rankings.
- Pittsburgh is instituting a zone-blocking scheme in the run game which should pump up Le’Veon Bell’s numbers. Alfred Morris racked up 1,600 yards in the same scheme last year. Bell’s current 23rd dynasty ranking seems low and should shoot up soon. Grab him if you can.
- Jamaal Charles is getting more looks in the passing game. As the story notes, under Andy Reid, his best running back, Brian Westbrook, had 50 catches for five straight years. Hopefully, Charles can hold off Father Time for a few years as he’s already at 27.
- Julio Jones is getting better? Yikes.
- E.J. Manual is looking good in camp as well. He should be the first rookie quarterback taken off your dynasty board due to the weapons, the opportunity, and the skill.
- DeAndre Hopkins is projected to get 52-60 catches his rookie season. That’s a great floor to have as a dynasty prospect in his rookie year. Hopkins should be the second rookie receiver on your dynasty board.
- The hope is St. Louis is Jared Cook finally becomes the receiving tight end stud he was supposed to be in Tennessee. In a tight end starved situation as dynasty fantasy football, Cook is a top-10 pick.
- Colin McCarthy is practicing with the first unit again. McCarthy was supposed to be a dynasty linebacker stud last year but injuries cut that short. He currently sits at #24, due to those injuries, in our dynasty rankings with room for potential.
- Patrick Willis will have an x-ray on his hand today. Willis has had similar injuries without missing any meaningful time but it gets amplified due to his age (28). Willis is currently at 5 in our dynasty rankings.
- Michael Vick has taken the lead in Eagles camp with Nick Foles looking average. This will put a dent in Foles dynasty value and maybe increase Barkley’s.
- Cordarrelle Patterson has yet to practice with the first team in Minnesota. With one year of big-time college football under his belt, that’s to be expected. Patterson still has a lot of upside but don’t expect a lot, if anything, in year one.
That seems like a lot of ground covered. We’ll see what today has in store.