- With Giants quarterback Eli Manning averaging a whopping 40 pass attempts a game, the targets are coming in droves. This week it was Rueben Randle leading the way with 13 to go with six catches and 96 yards. With Hakeem Nicks expected to leave via free agency this year, Randle is the heir apparent to Nick’s spot and should be targeted in dynasty circles.
- Running back David Wilson had only six carries before leaving with an injury. On the season, Wilson is averaging 3.3 YPC after averaging 5.0 last year. Now could possibly be the best time to pick Wilson off as a buy-low candidate from those fed up with his lack of production.
- Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson is back to his usual boom-or-bust self with seven catches for 132 and a touchdown. He seems to be the favorite no matter who’s at quarterback, totaling 12 targets when the next highest total was LeSean McCoy at eight.
- Speaking of targets, rookie Zach Ertz had a career-high three targets and two catches. It remains to be seen where Ertz will fit in as incumbent Brent Celek is still entrenched as the starter and has three more years on his contract. Ertz could also be a buy-low candidate.
- Quarterback Nick Foles will audition for teams as he takes over for the injured Mike Vick. However, it would seem that, with so many quarterback in 2014’s rookie class, Foles won’t necessarily be able to cash in a la Matt Flynn. I don’t see Foles breaking out.
Things are picking up even more this in dynasty circles:
- Lance Dunbar and Philip Tanner have been playing well in camp which means Joseph Randle is behind. We looked at Randle in our rookie running back series. At the moment, you’d be best to avoid Randle.
- Christian Ponder is ‘consistently inconsistent.’ Sounds about right. Vikings receivers are on notice.
- Reuben Randle is doing well in place of Hakeem Nicks at Giants camp. At 6′ 3″ and 210 pounds, Randle could easily replace Nicks should the Giants choose not to re-sign him. Grab Randle if you can.
- Kevin Kolb is talking up Robert Woods in Buffalo. We looked into Woods long-term value in our rookie wide receiver series. He’s definitely someone to keep on the radar as well.
Lots coming up today. Stay tuned.